Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Home Basketball LeBron James spearheads 'boycott' of NBA players over All-Star Game

LeBron James spearheads ‘boycott’ of NBA players over All-Star Game

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp
Linkedin
ReddIt
Tumblr
Telegram
Mix
VK
Digg
LINE
Naver


A climate of protest has emerged in recent days in the NBA with the fierce criticism of big stars to the probable game of All-Star in March and the confused withdrawal of Kevin Durant in the middle of a match for the protocols against coronavirus.

Players are amazed at the twist the NBA, which had canceled the Game of stars February (All-Star) in Indianapolis for him coronavirus and scheduled instead a week off between March 5 and 10.

However, beset by economic losses generated by the pandemic, the league changed its mind and now wants to hold a All-Star adapted to the health context at the beginning of March in Atlanta.

Nothing more to report than the Players Association (NBPA) gave its approval to hold the event, for which the NBA already kicked off fan voting, superstars blew up.

It’s like a slap in the face“launched Thursday LeBron James, winner of the last championship with Los angeles lakers. “Still we are dealing with the pandemic and we are going to take the entire league to a city that is open (…) If I am elected I will be there physically but not mentally. “

Hours later the other figures of the NBA seconded the position of ‘King James‘.

“And LeBron says he has zero emotion and zero energy for the All-Star, I I’m the same, said Giannis Antetokounmpo, of the Milwaukee Bucks, on the inconvenience of playing a festive event in the current context.

“We all know why we are going to play it,” he said. Kawhi Leonard, from Los Angeles Clippers, which pointed to the NBA for putting players at risk.

There is money at stake. Is a opportunity to make more money, put money over health right now, “he said.

Raise your voice

Other players like James Harden (Brooklyn Nets) also protested the possible holding of the event and the young base of the Sacramento Kings, De’Aaron Fox considered it directly a “stupidity“.

The players, who have to undergo strict preventive measures, expected to have a week off in the middle of the season.

Previously, they had already accepted that the campaign would start in December, just two months before the last Finals at headquarters “bubble” from Disney World (Orlando), so that the NBA don’t miss out on the big Christmas TV audiences.

“As the season begins, what we knew was that there was not going to be an All-Star, it was going to be a time to spend time with our family, “he recalled Giannis. “Really I don’t care about the All-Star, I want to see my family. “

The NBA maintains an official silence on the event but on Friday Chris Paul, president of the Players AssociationHe confirmed that the league wants to celebrate it and his body is seeking the opinion of the teams.

Boys are entitled to their feelings, decisions and everything, “said the veteran base of the Phoenix Suns. “I think the job of the union is to try to make sure that our players are healthy and safe. This was a league decision and we are definitely, day by day, trying to fix it. “



Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp
Linkedin
ReddIt
Tumblr
Telegram
Mix
VK
Digg
LINE
Naver

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments